Are you a Structural Technician that is seeking stable employment? Would you enjoy playing in a Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality lab?
This is an exciting fulltime opportunity to join one of the region’s top consulting engineering firms! The Structural Technician will make contributions to structural components and structural systems for commercial buildings in a supportive, collaborative, fun environment. Benefit from joining a stable and growing team, and work on unique and challenging projects across the country.
- Receive continual training on the latest software and products
- Enjoy new office space and the onsite Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality lab
- Work alongside Engineers on unique and exciting projects in almost every commercial building sector
- Enjoy the flexible working hours and have the ability to work remotely post COVID-19
- Join an easy-going team that does fun things together outside the office
What You Will Do:
You will have the opportunity to work on various commercial building projects from schematic design through construction, while receiving mentoring for professional advancement.
- Design and document building structural systems for commercial, mixed use, light industrial, restaurant, retail, and warehouse projects
- Work with materials including reinforced concrete, timber, structural steel, and masonry
- Assist in the production of the construction documents
- Research and test new technologies related to the structural engineering fields
- Company has been growing since its inception 20+ years ago
- Work is stable and company is growing during the coronavirus pandemic
- Headquartered in the Twin Cities with multiple offices nationally
- Projects consist primarily of commercial and light industrial
- Casual work environment with work-life balance encouraged
What You Will Need:
- Associate degree in Architecture, Engineering, or a related field
- 2-7+ years of applicable experience drafting building structural systems
- Basic knowledge of building concepts, construction, design codes, and drafting standards
- Proficiency with Revit. AutoCAD, Bluebeam, Navisworks and MS Office a plus
- Experience with a variety of building materials a plus