Structural Designer / Structural Engineer
Now hiring a Structural Designer or Structural Engineer for residential projects. Your experience with wood frame construction will enable you to size headers and layout the structural components. This is a fulltime position with one of the region’s leading residential design firms.
- Perform simple engineering load calculations for the sizing of building structural members
- Perform quality control on plans for design standards, code compliance, state regulations, and local ordinances
- Review dimensions, handicap accessibility, window and door locations and sizes, and materials to be used
This is an opportunity to join a premier residential design firm that is the recipient of numerous design awards, and whose projects are frequently featured on local displays.
- Degree in Engineering, Architectural Engineering, or related field
- Previous experience with structural design within wood framed construction projects
- Ability to read blueprints, construction documents, specifications, and technical drawings
- Familiarity with code compliance
- AutoCAD or Revit experience a plus
- Truss design or lumber yard experience a plus